Friday, November 19, 2010

Socks,Socks and more Socks

I finished my second pair of socks from the Stitches East yarn last night. They came out lovely and will fit like a dream. I've adjusted the pattern to knit a women's size that fits a size 8 foot. This means a little more knitting, 6 inches - 7.5 inches on the foot but there won't be so much wear on the toes or the heel from over-stretching.

I wound more yarn into balls last nite in preparation for casting on my third pair of socks. I some feline help with this project as the yarn kept jumping out of the basket and becoming the perfect cat toy. All was well at the end, yarn okay and felines happy.

My mom called and wants to knit a simple cowl. She has charged me with picking out the pattern and the yarn from my local yarn store. It's always fun to go to the yarn store with a mission. She also has put me in charge of making her some loaves of swedish coffee bread for a meeting she'll attend in a couple of weeks. I'll have to make more than one loaf because this is delicious bread that doesn't last long.

No comments: