Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Another Pair

I'm working away on another pair of socks. I've got the first one knit and it's half way done on the second. I realize that I like knitting socks when there is a gift opportunity on the way. It's that deadline that spurs me on. I know there is a month until christmas but thinking of the people getting gifts that you knit yourself just gives encouragement to the needles.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we'll be traveling to the cape to be with my mom and sister. It'll be a nice quiet day of talking, sharing and a bit of eating too. My cake will get frosted tonite and I'll gather up all of the items I'm bringing. We get off early from work today so that is an extra special treat for us all.

This weekend I'll be de-decorating the house from Thanksgiving and prepping it for winter. It's getting colder everyday so that gets one in the mood. Last nite on my way home two houses already had their holiday lights on. The christmas music is on the special radio station so you can tune in to get in the mood. But always in the backround the knitting and crafting goes on. It's an addiction, the crafting, and I freely admit it but I'm not giving it up any time soon.

Happy Holidays

No comments: