Monday, January 10, 2011

Socks for Soldiers

I finished another pair of socks for "Socks for Soldiers" this weekend. As I wove in the ends, all I could think of was, did I have more yarn to start another pair? Luckily I did because on Sunday I cast on for a black pair and by the end of the day had knit about 6 inches on it. I will admit that I find it oddly comforting to be knitting on a SFS sock. I have the gauge down pat and the pattern memorized so there is little thinking involved. It's also small and portable and easy to carry with me where-ever I go. Every little bit of time helps makes the sock grow faster and faster.

On Sunday I also took everything out of my craft closet and sorted through all of the projects putting like projects together. I threw away or abandoned about a shopping bags worth of stuff that I will never do again. In the end I prioritized the projects so that the ones on the top of each box were the ones I really want to work on and the ones on the bottom, not so much. I found my box of fabric for a quilt I want to start working on but at the same time found some others also that are almost done but need quilting up. The closet is neat again and I'm ready to work on some of the other projects but in the meantime it's back to my sock bag.

No comments: