Friday, July 16, 2010

Back to work

This week has not been as exciting and fun as last week. I'm back to work and it was waiting in force for me to play catch up with it all. But I made sure I worked on my knitting. I continue to knit about 1-2 inches a day on my black Sock for Soldiers. I've just turned the heel at lunchtime today and am now on to the gusset decreases. My goal is to have it completed by next week so I can mail in both pairs.

The Barnstable County Fair starts today and on Sunday I'll volunteer to sit and watch over the exhibits with my Mom. I entered the Hula Hamsters and she entered a scissor case. It's fun watching all of the people come to see how their entries did and just generally admire all of the talent that shows at the fair. I'm hopeful that the hamsters will win a ribbon.

The Shaker Box I made has been on my show & tell shelf outside my office this past week and has gotten great reviews from the staff here. Such a different lifestyle up in Maine as here at home. I'm afraid I'm not ready to give up all of my amenities too quickly. I like air-conditioning and stores right down the road. Being there makes me appreciate all the more what I have here.

No comments: